It’s hard enough to keep up with the Kardashian sisters as it is, let alone their half-siblings. That’s why we’re here to remind you that August 10th marks Kylie Jenner’s 17th birthday. In her honor, here are 5 things that remind us of Ms. Kylie:
1. Her Crazy Family Who doesn’t associate Kylie with her famous family, especially considering their whole lives are chronicled on E!’s “Keeping Up with the Kardashians”? For better and for worse, the Jenners and Kardashians can’t seem to escape from the tabloids. All of that actually makes young Kylie – who can barely remember a time before the reality TV cameras – seem almost down-to-Earth!
2. Hair Dye – Oh, does Kylie love to dye her hair or what? Jenner’s recently gone back to the dark side, dyeing her hair from blue to black. We wonder if she has offended her half-sister Kim Kardashian by not dyeing her hair from its blue-green tint to its natural dark color in time for Kim’s wedding to rapper Kanye West. We’ll let Kimye’s reps respond to that one!
3. Published Author(ish) Did Kylie really co-author a sci-fi novel titled “Rebels: City of Indra,” along with the help of her big sister Kendall? Well, sort of, since a ghostwriter was tasked with writing most of the novel, utilizing the same lingo commonly used by the two teens. It’s an impressive feat for Kylie, at only 17, to already have a book be published in her name. Maybe by the time she turns 18 next year, she’ll publish a memoir about her wild life – without the help of a ghostwriter this time.
4. Being Social Kylie comes from the social media generation, and it shows. She’s already scored more than 6.7 million Twitter followers and is zeroing in on 10 million fans on Instagram. The often risqué teen nearly started a Twitter fan war with the bikini selfie heard around the world. Rumored to be an attempt to make Justin Bieber jealous, the photo also reportedly led Selena Gomez to unfollow her and Kendall. It’s game on for Miss Jenner and Gomez!
5. Jaden Smith It makes sense that the offspring of one Hollywood dynasty might get along well with another. So it checks out that Jaden Smith – son of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith – is a close friend (and possibly more) of Kylie Jenner. They’re constantly fighting off rumors of being a couple, but that didn’t stop him from attending Kim’s wedding, in a white Batman costume, no less.