Just because it’s summertime, that doesn’t mean there isn’t great drama on TV. After a splashy debut last year, “Mistresses” aims to once again keep the nighttime soap afloat throughout the summer months. Here are 5 juicy tidbits from Monday night’s season premiere!
1. If Alyssa Milano’s Savi survives the season 1 finale’s devastating car crash in one piece – and that’s a big “if” – she’ll finally have to make a choice between her Australian husband (Brett Tucker) and her coworker-turned-mistress (Jason George).
2. Season 2 brings brand new career opportunities for everyone – and we mean everyone. Joss’s (Jes Macallan) new gig is the reason for a welcome-if-odd cameo from “Punky Brewster” star Soleil Moon Frye as herself.
3. One of the ladies is considering taking a stab at online dating – while another’s not moving on at all. That might change by the premiere’s end, but you’ll have to tune in to find out.
4. Aside from the core four and their men, season 2 also has a number of new and returning faces, including Savi’s nemesis, Kyra (Ashley Newbrough), and another blast from the past for April. This one is more welcome, as it comes in the form of her gay bestie, played by “Episodes” star Joseph May.
5. Because this wouldn’t be a show called “Mistresses” without an illicit affair, there might be a forbidden new romance on the horizon. But between whom? That’s one secret we’ll never tell.
“Mistresses” airs Monday nights at 10pm on ABC. Will you be watching?