With Beyonce getting yanked off stage in Brazil this weekend by a fan, we’re surprised she didn’t go all Sasha Fierce on him. But instead, she said, “I love you too,” so we’re following Bey’s lead and saying “I love you” to our top 5 Pop Star Alter Egos:
1. Beyonce is Sasha Fierce: Beyonce’s “more aggressive, more outspoken” alter ego inspired an entire album, “I Am… Sasha Fierce,” in 2008. But with a slew of hits from “Single Ladies” to “Video Phone” to “Halo,” Queen Bey proved she can call herself whatever she wants and still be a star.
2. Katy Perry is Kathy Beth Terry: A perhaps less conventional choice is Katy Perry’s alter ego, a 13-year-old girl named Kathy Beth Terry with oversized glasses and headgear. KBT first appears in the video for “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.),” where she lets loose and proves that she and Katy aren’t so different after all.
3. Mariah Carey is Mimi: Like Sasha Fierce, Mimi is a representation of Mariah Carey’s inner self. But while Sasha shows off a wilder side of Beyonce, Mimi is a little more emotional. The album, “The Emancipation of Mimi,” in which Mariah shares a more personal side of herself, included “We Belong Together,” which in itself was enough to hope that Mimi has here to stay.
4. Christina Aguilera is Xtina: Christina Aguilera ditched her Mickey Mouse Club and “Genie in a Bottle” past for her edgy “Stripped” album, and with her darker, more dangerous vibe came a new moniker: Xtina. She may not have the dark hair anymore, but Christina likely isn’t getting over her Xtina phase anytime soon with Twitter handle as @xtina.
5. Lady Gaga is Jo Calderone: One of the later entries in pop star impersonations, Lady Gaga went all out to impersonate Jo Calderone, making major waves at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. The pop singer may have been playing a man dating herself, but her performance of “You and I” was all Gaga.